This are the rules of the Space Art Contest participation.
Space Art Contest 2024 is organized in three categories:
- from 6 to 10 years;
- from 11 to 14 years;
- from 15 to 18 years..
- Submitted art has to be created individually by the students and submitted by his teacher.
- The art forms must be submitted in the forms .jpg, .gif or .png and no larger than 1 Mb.
- The participation form is filled in by the teacher and together with the student's work are sent to the e-mail of the competition (
- Each student can submitt one picture for the contest.
- The submitted art must be an original astronomy or space science picture. Students should explain in 2-3 sentences why they chose this object or phenomenon, what impressed them.
- Contestants can submit a digital entry until March 31, 2024.
- The winners will be selected by a jury of EAAE members.
- The jury's decision will be made public on 22 April 2024 in connection with the celebration of Earth Day.
- Decision of the jury is final and has no appeal.
All participants will receive digital certificates on the teacher's e-mail.
The winners of 1st, 2nd and 3rd place as well as the incentives in each category will receive diplomas and gifts provided by the European Southern Observatory (ESO) and the EAAE, which will be sent by mail to the addresses of the schools.